Multi-purpose dental wax used in the fabrication of dentures. Most often used to build trial plates for the arrangement of artificial denture teeth.
Baseplate wax is also used for a variety of other dental laboratory processes, including: inlay patterning, boxing of impression, casting, establishing the arch form, establishing the level of occlusal plane, recording the maxillary mandibular relation, corrective impression, and bite registration.
This is done for initial modeling and later fitting of trial dentures (try-ins) before the finished product is completed.
Designed for use in the dental lab, Carmel baseplate wax is rigid at mouth temperature but able to be molded at higher temperatures without cracking or tearing. It also resists flaking or chipping during carving. Finally, it leaves no residue upon boiling out.
The following varieties are available:
- Universal: This is a base plate wax designed to be used for general dental lab purposes. It’s made of high-quality ingredients while still being an economical choice.
- Extra tough: A durable, all-purpose wax blend. Tough yet pliable and sufficiently tacky to hold teeth well. Easily softened and cooled for minimal shrinkage during set-ups. Takes a high polish and boils out clean. Comes in a natural pink color and is ideal for try-in cases.
- Bite Wax: Wax sheets that soften in warm water. Designed to become harder after the bite is taken by tempering in the patient’s mouth.
- Pink #2 : A tough, pliable all-season wax that firmly holds teeth, will not stain and boils out clean.
- Pink # 3: A soft modeling wax that is easy to form and carve. Minimized shrinkage during softening and cooling. Easy to form and carve, boils out cleanly. Ideal for colder climates.
- Setup Wax: A high-tenacity wax with a small melting point range (<5%) ideal for partial prostheses. No distortion, runniness or droplet formation.
- All-season Wax: Pure waxes that simulate flesh tones. Exceptional working quality, ideal softening temperature of 150°F.
- Beeswax: Baseplate sheets primarily made of beeswax. Ideal for quick bite impressions.
- Masterwax: Wax sheets used in the Pankey Method of bite registration.
- Truform : A high-quality wax used for arranging artificial teeth. Provides a firm attachment of the artificial teeth to the baseplate. Easily carved at room temperature and boils out cleanly.
- Q-Wax: Carmel Baseplate Q-Wax Sheets are tough, pliable and hold teeth firmly, boil out clean and will not stain.
- Bulldog/Premium Tenacious
- Precision Pink
- Pretty pink : Specially formulated wax used to make extremely accurate impressions and bite registrations. Ideal for carving. Hard and extra hard should be softened in hot water. Melting temperature approximately 140° F.
All formulas are available in 1 lb (454 g) and 5 lb (2.270 kg) boxes.
5lb boxes packaged 10 boxes/case 6” – 15.24 cm 3” – 7.62 cm.